Facts and figures
In 1985, Aidshilfe Düsseldorf e.V. was created as the result of a self-help group, and it now offers various services for those suffering from Aids and HIV, as well as the main groups affected by HIV and Aids and all citizens in Düsseldorf and the surrounding areas. At the same time, Aidshilfe Düsseldorf e.V. promotes acceptance and tolerance in regards to people affected by HIV and Aids.
Our services are supported by volunteers. People with HIV and Aids make an active contribution towards our services.
Education and information:
- Advice (in person, over the telephone, via email and chat) for all kinds of persons
- Sex-education events for young persons and schools, visiting prevention work at youth centers
- Education and training events for various people and professions
- Visiting social workers and education work in regards to the main group
- Media and public relations work
Self-help, advice and support
- Self-help and discussion groups, social work and psychological advice and support for people with HIV and Aids, as well as for their friends and relatives
- Supporting people with HIV and Aids at home, at hospital or during criminal proceedings
- Aid for the financial support of people with HIV and Aids
- Advice in regards to hepatitis and sexually transmitted diseases
Out-patient supported accommodation
- For people with disabilities/ chronic illnesses, people with learning difficulties, as well as people with chronic addiction problems
Help for the homeless (Care24 Soziale Dienste gGmbH)
- Site-specific assistance for homeless people
Aidshilfe Düsseldorf e.V.
Mondays to Thursdays: 10 am - 1 pm and 2 pm - 5 pm
Fridays: 10 am - 1 pm